There’s plenty to do in Margies – you can spend the day surfing, wine tasting, exploring Boranup Forest or just chilling by the pool. You’ll need a decent brekkie to keep you going, and our legendary toasted muesli is just the ticket.
Filled with toasted oats, nuts, fruit and loads more goodies, it’s totally delicious and packed with plenty of protein and carbs for long-lasting energy.
Singaporean blogger Charlene Tan (@charlene22) loved our toasted muesli so much she shared it with her 117,000-strong followers. We’ve had such awesome feedback about the muesli we thought we’d share the recipe, so you can enjoy it at home!
Chef, GM – Stay Margaret River
- 1.5kg raw oats
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups honey
- 200g sultanas
- 200g mixed nuts (no peanuts or salt)
- 150g dried pawpaw
- 150g dried pineapple
- 150g pepitas
- 100g banana chips (crushed/broken)
- 50g shredded toasted coconut
- Mix the raw oats with the oil and add honey to taste depending how sweet you like your muesli.
- Roast at 180 C (160 fan forced) for about 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Cook longer if necessary or depending how crunchy you like it.
- Leave to cool
- Mix in all other ingredients
- Store in an air tight container
We love to serve it with tangy natural yoghurt and unsweetened berry compote.
Stay Margaret River
Looking for a Margaret River accommodation special? Check out our latest accommodation deals and get the lowest price when you book direct.