Travelling solo can be daunting. Who do we ask for directions? Who forgot the sunscreen and the dog? Who’s going to hand me snacks as I’m driving?
However, in reality, travelling solo can be one of the best things you will ever do.
While we are all usually travelling with family or friends, it is now evident that more people are travelling solo. Whether you’re a young woman wanting a weekend getaway to escape workplace blues, or an older gentleman wanting to get down south and explore nature, there are activities for all down in Margaret River, all while enjoying the best company one can have … yourself.
Here are a few places and things you could do while enjoying your trip to Margaret River:
- Visit Morries – 2/149 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
A charming venue now offering tapas and craft cocktails. You’ll feel welcome here with the lovely staff and cosy feel amid a sea of people as it’s a smaller venue. Book ahead to enjoy!
- Attend the Margaret River Readers and Writers Festival – Community Centre Tunbridge St Margaret River WA. 14th-16th May 2021
Being the biggest regional literary event in WA, the Readers and Writers Festival draws an assortment of phenomenal writers from within our state, across Australia and overseas. If you’re travelling alone and have a creative flare, why not get involved? You can submit your own piece or just go along and enjoy all the other talented writers. It is a lovely time and you’ll leave feeling inspired and a bunch of new friends with whom to share your creative talents!
- Go for it, Taste the South: Wine into the Night Tour
A wine tour with a difference! Let’s put it simply:
- You’re picked up from your accommodation at 1:30pm;
- Explore boutique wineries and breweries;
- Relax and chat with the winemakers;
- Enjoy a light evening meal at a restaurant or vineyard;
- Return to your accommodation at 8pm.
- It’s $135 per person for the lot!
A wonderful day spent travelling around the Margaret River region. Soaking it all in and you’re given the chance to meet a bunch of new people and winemakers! You can’t go wrong.
Whatever you do, stay safe and stay happy!